Well, that’s it folks. It’s the end of a very complicated year. We have seen some people come to justice while others narrowly escape its grasp. Women have suffered terrible attacks against their reproductive rights. It seems like this world is getting crazier and more terrifying by the day, but I propose a thought – When the clock strikes midnight tonight, it’s a new year! 

 

We should restart! Renew our efforts to fight for our rights. Look at the world through clear eyes and not ones foggied up by hate and bias! I believe that if we do these things that 2023 could be a better year. Starting small, I know that it will be a better year for me.

 

Look, you can step into the New Year cautious and afraid to break things or you can bust in with a celebratory attitude, ready to start running on this new road at a furious pace. Maybe you’re like me and you ended December with good news – I’m carrying a 4.0 GPA into the Spring Semester, which means I’ll likely graduate with good grades. Ending a year well always makes beginning a new one easier.

 

Maybe you aren’t like me. Maybe 2022 ended on a rotten note for you and you can’t imagine it getting any better. What you can try to remind yourself is that you have all of the materials it will take to build a happy life. Will it be a luxurious life? In these times, that all depends on wages, but happiness depends on you. 

 

I’m not saying you can’t be sad. Crying is therapeutic for everyone. When you’re ready for happiness, though, open that mental toolbox of yours and do some work on yourself for 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Calle & Abigail Kuehl: The Clean Haircare Dynamos Behind ANTIDOTE 1848

Skincare Holy Grail Products: The Hydration Station